Saturday, January 6, 2018

Big Hit Gifts of Christmas 2017

I hit pay dirt this Christmas! I was so very thrilled with the gifts I received.

When I saw this horn decoration at a local flea market, I had to mention it to my husband that evening. It looks remarkably like an alto horn (the horn I play when I play in Salvation Army bands):


I received a few other decorations, as well:



I will hang the London tea towel on my kitchen wall. I used to have four or five British tea towels on the walls of our kitchen when we lived in DeKalb, but never dug them out of storage here (besides I really only have enough wall space to hang one near the kitchen).

I can't wait to play this word game with the younger boys (we've been playing rounds of Balderdash after finding an inexpensive set of game cards at the thrift store for only $1.50). Thankfully, they both love words and word games.


My absolute favorite gift was one I didn't even request. Bryce reflected on my interests and gave me these beautiful book ends:


I think I will display them on the fireplace mantel and keep my current reads there (these are the six books I am attempting to tackle this month).

No comments: