Monday, February 22, 2021

Book Blurb: Someone Like You

I have always enjoyed Karen Kingsbury's writing. My favorites: her Red Gloves series. In my search for clean audio books, I knew I could trust her to give an intriguing story. Her characters face realistic dilemmas and exhibit faith that allows for doubt. In Someone Like You (a stand-alone novel with characters from her Baxter Family series), 22-year-old Maddie West cannot believe her parents never told her they adopted her as a frozen embryo from another couple. (I find that hard to believe, too - who could do that?) A stranger delivers this news and invites her to Portland, Oregon, to meet her biological parents. This throws her tidy world upside-down, and she struggles to regain her footing. Of course, the stranger is handsome. Of course, there's chemistry. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a love story. Definitely a Christian novel (a death's door conversion and a bit preachy), but an issue-driven topic worth exploring. 

No comments: