Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Book Review: Follow the Star


So far, T.D. Jakes' Follow the Star: Christmas Stories That Changed my Life has been my favorite holiday read. Since the book contains 20 brief chapters, or stories, I intended to read one story each night before bed. This became a problem, because I couldn't stick with just one story. I felt compelled to keep reading.

Full of childhood memories, hardships and blessings, and real spiritual wisdom, this book is sure to warm your heart and soul during the holiday season. Each story is touching and poignant, filled with insight and joy. Many of the stories make direct appeals to change the reader's way of thinking and chart them on a course to something new.

I thoroughly enjoyed this read and might make it a yearly fare. Perhaps next year, I'll be able to limit myself to one story per day, as I had intended.

No comments: