Saturday, February 7, 2009

In God We Trust, No Matter What

I've had my share of difficult circumstances in life (some too intense to share on these pages), and I've been tested. It would be wonderful if I could say that my response to those testing times was always "In God We Trust, No Matter What!" However, in all honesty, it was often, "In God We Trust, No Matter What?"

I marvel at those whose faith remains rock solid in the midst of tragedy and perplexing wilderness walks. I have not lost my faith, but must admit that at times I have felt like I am walking on stilts instead of solid ground. I look back and see only one set of footprints, unable to recognize the Lord carrying me.

This morning, I logged on (in an effort to wake myself - why is it that when I'm tired, in the evening - or morning, as I'm now finding - reading and writing on the computer brings me to full alert?) and tried to catch up on a few blogs I enjoy visiting. I headed to Rachel's blog and noticed that she mentioned a friend, Amy Welborn, who had just lost her husband. Following the link, I discovered this beautiful article written by her husband just before he passed away.

I know that my life will hold plenty of further difficulties and sorrow, plenty more occasions where I struggle to see where the Lord is leading and why he seems absent. However, I certainly hope that I get better at saying "In God I Trust, No Matter What!" instead of "no matter what?"

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

What a beautiful post. I truly have had my share of challenges and I always hold on to my faith. There is just no other logical path to take.

Wendy Hill said...

Kaci - Yes, I was thinking something similar to your last sentence. It really would not make sense at all for me to trust in myself or anything other than God. I think, primarily, I get too impatient for the wheres, the whys, and the destinations. But, goodness knows, we'd wreck if I were driving the plane.