Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some People Just Don't Get It!

Lately, my two little guys have been pretending they are dogs. They crawl around on paws, pant, bark and occasionally lick me. They ask for their cereal, in the morning, without milk, so that they can eat it like a dog from the bowl on the floor. If YS can't find his sleepy bear, he will walk over to MS and say "Doggie, doggie, find sleepy bear."

Most of the time, I can deal with this (although I will say, I wasn't pleased to turn around and find MS rolling on the floor of the hair salon, waiting for YS's cut to be finished). This is a game that they enjoy playing together. If it occupies some of their time, then I'm pleased (so long as they are not crawling all over me and licking endlessly).

However, ES, at age 12, sees this as a new mode of attack. When MS was Spiderman, ES would delight in tormenting him with the phrase, "You're not REALLY Spiderman!"

Tonight, I overheard ES beginning to taunt MS: "Why do you keep acting like this? You're NOT a dog!"

Exasperated, MS replied, "Don't you GET IT??? I'm just PLAYING DOG!" Get a little imagination to go with that attitude, big brother!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There must be something in the water or there's a full moon. My youngest has been playing "Puppy."

She'll say a couple words then "Woof" then a couple more words and another "Woof."

Her older sisters like to tie a scarf around her waist and take her for a walk. And they put two bowls on the kitchen floor for her. One has water, the other has pepperonis.

Because the puppy likes pepperoni doggie treats.