Friday, June 26, 2015

Book Review: Bizarre World

It has been a while since I've tickled my funny bone by reading some Bill Bryson, so I decided to see what Bryson books were available at our library. I stumbled upon a hilarious little volume of truly bizarre vignettes called Bizarre World. It was quite entertaining, providing a few chuckles I could share with my kids (like the moronic criminal who robbed a bank, requesting the money be placed in his checking account, or the individual who attempted to commit suicide four different ways and ended up dying of exposure, or the person hit by lightning three different times while living and whose headstone was struck by lightning in death) and a few I couldn't share aloud because they were a bit risque. While not typical Bryson fare, it still turned out to be a funny little read.

No comments: