Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best Reads of 2015

This year I'm taking the easy route. I'm simply identifying the eight books I labelled as Highly Recommended. There were four tween/YA books:

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Wonder by RJ Palacio

I highly recommended three non-fiction titles and one fiction title in the adult category:

Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford
Dead Wake by Erik Larson
The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Thirty Million Words by Dana Suskind, M.D.

Here's the list (with links) of all the books I read in 2015 (although I'm sad because I usually publish this blog post for my mother, so she can write down book suggestions from the lengthy list, and this year she is dealing with dementia and unable to jot down book suggestions or focus long enough to consume a book):


My goals for 2016 may seem surprising. I hope to read less, blog less, journal more, and find some project or job to work on outside the home to provide me with more stimulation. I want to continue to pursue publication of one of my novels and I'm desperate to edit and prepare my most recent novel to send out into the world of publishing for consideration. I hope that with fewer titles, I will be more selective and choose more books to highly recommend. I hope that with less blog writing, I will spend more time in personal writing. We shall see what 2016 brings for my reading and writing goals.

No comments: