Wednesday, September 1, 2010

He May Be a Talker, But Boy, He Listens!

Tonight, as we were saying our bedtime prayers, the boys were adding on their own personal prayer requests.

Trevor spoke up and said, "And God, can you please give us lots of paper. We need lots of paper to take to school this month. Thank you, God."

Meanwhile, I was looking askance and trying to figure out why the boy would be asking God for paper, because last time I checked ... the very last thing we needed around here was MORE PAPER!

Once our prayers were said, I turned to inquire about the paper request. It turns out the kindergarten class went to the gym today, with all the other grades, for an assembly kicking off a new recycling contest. The classroom that brings in the most paper gets to have a popcorn party. (Rats, they didn't send home a PAPER to tell about the PAPER recycling contest!)

Trevor informs me that, beginning September 7th, they are to start bringing in grocery bags full of PAPER.

Just think ... if I could get my butt in gear and spend 40 hours a week going through my piles and boxes of PAPER CLUTTER, I think we might just have this contest "in the BAG!" I mean, I have to have more paper here in this house than any other house in the area. I'm sure of it! It would be like a full time job (sorting and organizing and RECYCLING), but hey, my husband would faint dead away in delirious joy and disbelief my kid could win some POPCORN!

No comments: