Saturday, December 5, 2009

Santa's Packin' Coal for This Address

The last few days have been full of the typical antics that go on around here. Only this time, I've attempted to provide some documentation.

Let's start with the dog: Harley came from a home where there was a one year old baby who dropped food from her high chair often. Even though he is still officially a "puppy" (his birthday is in February) he is large enough to easily reach the table when he smells something he wants. Thus, we have taken to putting him on the porch while we eat. He can see us through the sliding glass doors and once we are done he is allowed back in.

The other day, I was on the computer when the little boys finished eating their breakfasts. They went to play with Harley and immediately came running to tell me that I wasn't going to be happy. I came onto the porch and found strange pink stains all over the couch and the dog's mouth and paws.



After a moment or two, we realized what the dog had been chewing on:

No more complete set of those apple ornaments! I keep meaning to try my spot bot on the old couch, but at least it was an old couch (perfect for young boys to romp on and use for making forts).

Then, the next day, he began chewing one of the hand-made ornaments. Urgh! Thank goodness these decorations won't be up more than a month!


The boys haven't been very gentle with the decorations either. They keep messing with this Santa countdown decoration. Every day I find it in pieces around the house. You can see the white ball from his hat, to the left of his foot.


MS threw a lighthouse decoration (from the bathroom) across the room and it shattered. I pulled out the glue and fixed it before I remembered to snap a picture. But here are some recent toys that have been decapitated or drawn and quartered by the boys:


Poor Buzz, went the way of Woody!

MS tried to hide this one at the bottom of the trash can without telling us of the Green Arrow's demise!

Ten points for the reader who can figure out what this might be. Here's a hint. MS was sent to his room for some infraction. When we went to retreive him we detected a faint burning smell. He claimed he never got up off the bed. A few hours later, hubby was still hunting to figure out the source of the odor. Not much to go on, I know, but think like a destructive boy and you might figure it out.

Now, I must go. I have to make sure the tooth fairy has a smooth mission, because this afternoon the dog jumped up on MS and knocked out one of his front teeth. MS is now missing one on the top and one on the bottom. I guess he can sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Who knows, maybe Santa will bring a lump of coal AND two front teeth?

No comments: