Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Review: Love, Aubrey



I must start out by saying this book was absolutely beautiful! I was drawn to the book by both the stunning cover photo and by the lovely name. I have always loved the name Aubrey and even considered bequeathing a possible daughter with that name. Alas, no daughter named Aubrey. This book has given me a character, Aubrey, who will live in my heart and mind forever.

Although the book is slated for grades 4-6, I can guarantee that adults will be drawn into the tale equally. What a powerful voice the main character has! I don't want to give away any of the details because the story unfolds like a budding flower.

I concur with this cover endorsement by Audrey Couloumbis:

"I love this novel! Aubrey is the best kind of survivor - on the surface, an ordinary girl who no one would guess had a particular talent for making it on her own. Faced with not one, but two terrible situations, she's lost and alone, and her response is to take baby steps in the right direction. I look forward to Suzanne LaFleur's next book."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is my favorite because my name is Aubree ! It is so realistic with good details. My cousin recommended it to me and I was so drawn to it that I read it in 1 day! So conclusion is this is an awesome book!

Wendy Hill said...

Thanks, Aubree, for stopping by. So glad that you liked the book, too!