Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Start of Football Season

Last night was the start of the football season, with a team scrimmage.  Bryce wanted me to come to the game to get pictures so that he could be included in something about the senior homecoming banner.  I have no idea what he is talking about and felt really bad that I'm not a better photographer. There I sat, in the stands, with my little point and shoot camera.  There was no way I would equal the photos of those parents who arrive with their gigantic zoom lenses.  My poor child.

Here's the one photo I shot of him from afar, feeling foolish the whole time:

He is number 48 ... the little ant on the field.

Afterwards, several of the mothers were getting a bunch of seniors together for a photo op and I shouldered in among them to capture a few shots:



I feel like such a failure as a sports mom.  My husband wants to take out a full page in the football program to highlight photos of Bryce as he's grown.  Bryce says he doesn't care about that at all.  We barely make it to very many of his games even.  Gone are the days when our whole lives revolved around our only child.  Still, he doesn't seem to mind, so I guess it's all good.

Here's to a great final football season (since I doubt he'll play in college)!

No comments: