Monday, July 17, 2023

Mid-month Mention: When There Are No Words


I fell in love with Andrew Peterson's work bit by bit - first through his song, "Is He Worthy?", at the Sing Festival. Then I learned about his Rabbit Room blog when reading and reviewing Leif Enger's book, Virgil Wander. I also watched Peterson's address at the 2017 C. S. Lewis Summer Institute on "Calling and the Kingdom of God.". Next, I encountered his books on creativity, Adorning the Dark and The God of the Garden (both of which I highly recommend). Although I knew about the Rabbit Room, I only recently discovered the Rabbit Room Chinwag Facebook group. I joined and now I receive "rabbity posts" every day from like-minded creatives.

One of the members of the group, Michael J. Tinker, is a songwriter with a new album called, "When There Are No Words." I was drawn to this title, since it expresses the same sentiment as my tag line for my book, Watching the Wayward: Psalms for Parents of Prodigals. Apparently, he is starting a podcast by the same name. The podcast offers interviews with artists exploring grief and hope in their work. I listened to the first episode, an interview with Andrew Peterson, and deemed it worth the hour spent! There are already three more interviews available, as well: Sara Groves, Douglas McKelvey, and Jamin Still. I'm so happy I happened upon the Chinwag group and this new podcast in particular. Check it out!

No comments: