Thursday, August 17, 2023

Mid-Month Mention: Further Joseph Loconte


Did you know there is an International Tolkien Reading Day? It is March 25th. I was unaware. In seeking an image to accompany my last book review, I stumbled upon an outstanding 2019 lecture given by Joseph Loconte at the National WWI Museum and Memorial in celebration of that day. I watched the whole hour-long YouTube video and highly recommend it if you can't snag the time to read Loconte's book, A Hobbit, A Wardrobe, and a Great War. Even if you don't watch the whole thing, the first four minutes are a treasure thanks to the effervescent woman who introduces the author and outlines his many accomplishments.


 
At the end of the video, Loconte shares a four minute trailer for a documentary version of his book, then in the works. I visited his author website seeking more information, but cannot find any current news on the progress or anticipated availability of such a documentary. You can find a one minute trailer for his book. I also recommend his recent article, "The Decline of the King's College Reflects Western Civilizational Decay."

No comments: