Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Too Busy Living to Write about Living

Summer is vanishing. It is not only Bryce's sentiment; I feel it too. He says it seems like his summer is already over. I keep reassuring him he has loads more fun to get through first.

We were planning to make a trip to visit Holiday World in southern Indiana this past weekend. After realizing how much we spent on our last trip to Indiana Beach, we decided that we couldn't afford the trip to Holiday World, but would happily return to IB again. So, we opted for their Monday Madness offer (if you arrive after 4 p.m. on a Monday and pay for a full price ticket, then you get the whole next day's ticket for free).

It turned out to be one of the best trips to Indiana Beach we have ever had. We dropped Bryce off at IB by himself and took the little boys to check into the hotel and swim in the hotel pool. Later, we met Bryce for dinner and rode rides. I don't know if it was simply a lucky night for us, but the ticket clerk gave Sean a two-day wrist band for free. She said kids 2 and under are free (we never knew this).

I think we all enjoyed this trip because the younger boys are growing more courageous. This meant that we broke off into different pairings more often. Trevor and Bryce rode the Galaxy roller coaster (Sean still calls them "roaster coasters"). Hubby and I both took turns riding the new Steel Hawg roller coaster with Bryce. I think my husband assumed I wouldn't take the challenge or might freak out. He rode it once with Bryce. When I rode it, Bryce said he thought I would have reacted more. I merely replied, "Let's ride it again, since the line is short."

Later in the evening on Tuesday, we had all headed over near the swings because MS wanted to ride the ride opposite of the swings (Star-something?). It is a large ride with seats facing the lake. The giant arm swings you around and around one direction then slows and swings you around and around the other direction. Trevor rode it repeatedly with each of us.

Sean wanted to ride the Music Express. (If you go here you can view all the rides.) This ride spins you forward and backward, and the momentum makes your partner slide into you. Since at 36 inches tall he met the height requirements, I took him on the ride. Trevor rode with Bryce. It was so fun and Sean loved it. I giggled the whole time because Sean was having so much fun on it and Trevor was trying so hard not to lean against Bryce.

We ended our evening with elephant ears and I drove home (since I'm the total night owl). I'm too short on time right now to give more effort to this post. We leave for CBLI tomorrow and will spend the night at my in-laws (this breaks up the drive and means we won't have to leave so early Friday morning). I got several things packed today, but had hoped to be able to write a few posts for my absence. Alas, it didn't happen.

I received a lovely netbook for my birthday and had planned to trek over to the lodge in the evenings to access their wi-fi and write posts while at CBLI. Sadly, they have changed the age divisions and placed Bryce in the teen track (I understand the argument since, at 13, he is already a teen). Since he will sleep in a teen cabin, I won't be able to leave the little boys alone in the cabin while I wander off to write a post.

Sorry for the haphazard post, but sometimes life gets too busy to snatch up moments to write about what we are busy doing.
==========

See other Indiana Beach posts: our 2008 visit, June 2009 visit, 2010 visit, 2011 visit, and 2016 visit.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow - what a fun summer you guys are having! Have a great time on your trip and enjoy the unplugged time. I always do!

Anonymous said...

How neat you all like amusement parks so much! I used to enjoy rollercoasters, but not so much anymore. Luckily, Mark is a willing rider with Michael. Glad you had so much fun!

I hope camp is enjoyable and that you have some help with the little boys. Both are a little older than last summer and hopefully a wee bit more independent to keep you from going too crazy.

Can't wait to hear about it when you return! ~Karin