Thursday, August 19, 2010

What Was I Just Saying?

Last night, after writing my quick review of the thyroid madness book, I went to bed wondering what toxins are floating around my environment. Since this house is old, my husband is eager to make adjustments to "bring it up to the 21st century," as I heard him say to a handyman yesterday. I began to wonder what new chemicals are coming into the home with each of the remodelling ventures we pursue.

Then, this morning, I logged onto the computer to read my news. What do I find? An article on AOL about the EPA considering giving authorization for another chemical to be added to our clothing. They want to add an untested chemical to something that we wear against our skin all day long, just because people are clamoring to be able to wear an item of clothing without it smelling of body odor. In other words, we are so eager to skip the normal step of cleaning what we wear (and you know me, I'm normally all about skipping some extra cleaning detail if I can) that we would allow strange chemicals to be added on the promise that it will "make our lives easier." I just wonder how much easier it is if it ends up making us SICK!

No comments: