Thursday, January 30, 2014

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope

Because I am struggling with tendonitis in my right arm, I am trying to rest it.  Thus, I was able to spend most of the day reading this book. Thus, I also must make my review brief as I hen-peck this with my left hand.

I liked this follow-up book better than the first book, 13 Little Blue Envelopes. For some reason, I was better able to buy into the outlandish adventures this time around and I really wanted the best for the main character. The writing sucked me into the story and held me fast.

When Ginny Blackstone hears from someone who has found the final letter in a series of letters left for Ginny by her deceased aunt (after her backpack was stolen in the previous book), she assumes she will resume the adventure laid out for her.  She wasn't counting on blackmail and company for the journey, including her boyfriend's new girlfriend. She doesn't know what to make of this new fellow or of her aunt's intended lessons.

I think The Last Little Blue Envelope focuses more on the story and less on the locations explored. It was a great follow-up story.  If you've read the first book, by all means read this sequel. As far as sequels go, it's a good one.

No comments: