Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My Book Nook

For Mother's Day, I received three lovely gifts (each requested, but still ... thoughtful) and three lovely cards (yes, my husband purchased a card for me from ... the dog). One was a walking journal, Afoot and Lighthearted, that sounded intriguing. I usually walk before I work on my novels as it allows me to ponder plot progression. Even though I am currently writing non-fiction, I hope to get back into the walking habit once the weather stabilizes. If the weather turns ugly, well, my second gift was a new purple umbrella.

The final gift is finally on the wall (far trickier to apply than the instructions implied), completing my small guest room book nook:



Here's a close-up of the words:


I discovered the bench on Craigslist, and though it didn't fit the specifications I'm looking for in a front hall bench, I couldn't pass - especially at $20.




It isn't as comfortable as the old recliner I had in that spot, for reading, but the guest room recliner and sofa went to Bryce when he moved into his own place after finishing college a year ago. Even if I never sit there to read, I love my book nook!

No comments: