Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

As I was up writing a letter late tonight, my MS came groggily out to the living room and said, "Can you whistle for me the two screensaver songs?" I have no idea what he is talking about. I headed him off to the bathroom (no doubt this is what caused him to stir). On his way back, after hearing me say for the third time that I just don't know the screen saver songs, he said "that's o.k., I'll just whistle them to myself until I fall back to sleep."

ES made me laugh today, too. This afternoon, I headed off to the library to pick up a book which I had requested. It is called Diary of a Wimpy Kid and I had requested it because my ES, who HATES to read (can he really be my child?) actually picked this book up at a friend's house and read the whole thing. So, THIS ... I had to see. When I arrived home, with the book, ES came out of his room and saw the book on the table. He says, "Oh, you got the book?" I said, "Yes, I just picked it up at the library now." He says, "Have you read it yet?" HA! I might like to read a lot, but I haven't mastered the art of being able to pick up a book from the library and read it in the ten minutes since I returned home. Then, he asked me to read it tonight, instead of watching a movie with my hubby. Sorry, not a chance! We'll keep you posted on this MOST APPEALING BOOK.

No comments: