Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book Review: I Feel Bad About My Neck


This little book was delightful in every way. I need more humor in my life and I enjoyed the moments laughing out loud at Ephron's witty observations of life.

Prior to listening to this audio book, I didn't realize that Nora Ephron was the screenwriter behind "Sleepless in Seattle" and "You've Got Mail." I picked it up because the title was interesting and the book was listed as humor. I was certainly not disappointed.

I think my favorite essay of all was one written about the rapture you feel when you find a truly wonderful book. The essay itself made me feel a sense of rapture. She nails truths so well and with fine wit! I laughed out loud at her dissertation on the foibles of purses. Indeed, I think my teenage son was probably wondering what had me tittering in the front seat. He was plugged into music, but he had to have noticed my body shaking with laughter in the front seat as we drove to his drum lesson!

If you are in need of a good laugh, be sure to pick up this brief memoir by Nora Ephron!

No comments: