Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Review: I Remember Nothing


After finishing Nora Ephron's bestseller, I Feel Bad About My Neck, I needed another audio book to listen to on my long drive to my book group. I was thrilled to find another similar book in I Remember Nothing and Other Reflections. This book, like the other, is full of brief essays about human experience (in this case, aging).

Although I am not in my sixties or seventies (what I assume is the target audience), I did find many of her comments to be humorous and easy to relate to. I have had my own memory issues of late, probably brought on by menopause, and chuckled as she spoke of forgetting the names of individuals she knows that she knows well.

I don't share her same views on religion, but could appreciate her humor on so many other areas of life. She shares about the attraction and eventually demise of attraction with e-mail. She talks about being divorced. She shares campy stories about what it was like to grow up in her home, with an alcoholic mother.

If you've tried I Feel Bad About My Neck and enjoyed it, you'll want to try I Remember Nothing. I don't think this second one was as good as the first memoir-essay-type book, but it was still funny in several spots. I'm pretty sure everyone could use a good laugh now and then.

No comments: