Thursday, January 14, 2021

Book Blurb: Audacious

I didn't get much out of this book. Basically, it revises Beth Moore's mission statement. (Hmm - what would I claim as a mission statement? Sorry, sidetracked.) She adds two words to an already noble goal: to see ALL women come to know and AUDACIOUSLY love Jesus Christ through the study of Scripture. "All" is an audacious and perhaps unrealistic goal. God has never promised or even implied that ALL would come to know Him. It is clear from Scripture that many will remain blinded to His presence and His power. Some will even think they belong to God, but remain blind to their true condition (2 Timothy 3:5 - "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof" and Matthew 7:23 - "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.") Still, one can't fault her for trying. She's accomplishing far more for the gospel than I ever will. So if her book encouraged even a smidgeon more boldness in me, it was a worthwhile read.

No comments: