Monday, January 25, 2021

Book Blurb: Reaching Your Prodigal

If you're not already sick to death of hearing about books for parents of prodigals, read on! Reaching Your Prodigal: What Did I Do Wrong? What Do I Do Now? by Phil Waldrep offers more wisdom on how to parent a prodigal. I struggled with this book. Although I could relate to the situations and concerns expressed by parents in the book, it seemed to offer answers I believe are a lot harder to discern. This author has no experience parenting a prodigal. Even if a person thoroughly researches a topic, there is nothing like immersion by fire. I'm not saying I disagree with his positions or recommendations. It simply lacked the humility and prostrate nature of the previous book on praying for your prodigal. If I believe that my prodigal's path is in God's control, I'm not so sure there is a prescription that will work across the board for parents of prodigals. My best bet in reaching my prodigal remains relentless prayer and fasting, and persistent love.

No comments: