Thursday, July 29, 2021

Book Review: Prayers for Parents of Prodigals

The two most effective weapons in the battle for a prodigal child are Scripture and prayer. Scripture bolsters my spirits when the battle seems too intense and prayer buoys my heart when the waves threaten to overwhelm. Linda S. Clare begins each devotional snippet in her book with Scripture and ends each with her own personal prayer. She organizes the prayers in chapters by categories of emotional response to the journey. Thankfully, my prodigal son has been in a much better place. I continue to pray for God to work in his life. Indeed, I beg Him to use his life as a testimony to the power of our omnipotent Father. He can render the changes I cannot. My road with a prodigal draws me deeper into prayer and Scripture. Thus, I can only thank God for this journey.

No comments: