Monday, October 31, 2022

Compilation: 8 Books About Gardens/Flowers


Sometimes a theme gets hammered over and over, waiting for you to respond. I've been assaulted with news of the mental health benefits for those who tend flowers or work in gardens. Don't take my word for it; read this article from Science Daily. I don't know if it is enough to motivate me to get down and dirty in the garden. For this month's compilation, I decided to cull reviews for books I've read on gardens or flowers. Here are eight books, in chronological order from first read to most recent:

  1. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - novel
  2. The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman - novel
  3. Rules for Visiting by Jessica Francis Kane - novel
  4. All the Flowers in Paris by Sarah Jio - novel
  5. Floriography by Jessica Roux - non-fiction
  6. The Last Garden in England by Julia Kelly - novel
  7. The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak - novel
  8. The God of the Garden by Andrew Peterson - memoir - highly recommend



(I forgot my copy of The God of the Garden when photographing the books)

No comments: