Thursday, March 14, 2024

Mid-month Mention: Armchair Travel to the British Isles

Photo by Elie Khoury on Unsplash


March began with a roar. I will write more later concerning my first week of March. It was a grueling time, caring for my Alzheimer-afflicted mother. You could certainly say it came in like a lion.

When the seasons are in flux, I'm desperate to spend some time escaping to locations I love. My favorite place to go? The British Isles! Thanks to Viking TV, I've been able to whisk myself away to places of interest from the comfort of my recliner. I'd love to one day take a Viking River Cruise. In the meantime, I was thrilled to discover 61 videos, of varying lengths, covering the British Isles. You can learn about Winston Churchill, explore Highclere Castle (film location for Downton Abbey), celebrate Scottish poet Robert Burns, and visit other historic homes and landmarks.

I'd love to hear from you in the comments, if you've ever gone on a Viking River Cruise and would recommend the journey. Or let me know what your favorite destination would be. March may still roar along, but you can spend some time in armchair travel with Viking TV (to your favorite location) and perhaps it will calm to go out like a lamb.


Photo of Lake District National Park by Danny Lines on Unsplash

No comments: