Thursday, April 4, 2024

Book Review: The Wish Book Christmas

I wouldn't have sought out a Christmas book now, but The Wish Book Christmas is the follow-up novella to Lynn Austin's If I Were You. I enjoyed that one so much, I was eager to return to the characters again for my treadmill time. Thankfully, Hoopla had it available in audio form (at only 4-3/4 hours long). It was a splendid follow-up. I still loved the first book more though.

Audrey Barrett and Eve Dawson are raising their 5-year-old sons together in post-war America. When their boys' addiction to the Christmas toy catalog reaches a fever pitch, the two mothers vow to teach the boys something about giving back and expecting less. Both women struggle against forming new love interests. Yet as the events unfold, they learn more about forgiveness, second chances, and God's enduring grace. This feel-good novella is a great way to celebrate the spirit of the holidays (and was even fun when approaching spring). I may return to both of these again in the future.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...


I can enjoy a Christmas book any time of the year! Thanks for the recommendation.