Thursday, October 1, 2009

Missed the Boat by Ten Minutes

Shortly before 11, the boys asked to play with the mice. I told them they could, but that I had to use the bathroom first. I came out, straightened the mat, got down the cage, grabbed a tissue (for the endless pee and poop which seem to flow from the terrified rodents when my boys are terrorizing holding them) and logged back onto the computer. Can you believe that at 11:10 a.m., all four shows in the Indianapolis area are sold out (actually, they can't be SOLD out, since the tickets were FREE, but that is what they are telling me at http://www.freenightoftheater.net/).

I feel so sad that I missed out. I did mention it to several people this time around. I'm wondering if any of those individuals managed to be at the computer and log onto the site in time to receive a free ticket.

Ah well. The one I really wanted to see was the Agatha Christie play and since it was playing in Shelbyville, IN, I don't think the tickets were as expensive as an Indianapolis show. Perhaps, I will actually try to pay for tickets to the theater and go anyway. My friend Leti, said she would be willing to go with me.

I did look at a few other locations to see if they sold out. Chicago's offerings were snapped up pretty quickly as well, but I could still get tickets at the Red Tape Theater to see a showing tomorrow night of ... wait for it ... "Mouse in a Jar." Thanks, but no thanks.

You can't win em' all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the tickets you had hoped for. It doesn't seem right that they can sell out so quickly. There was a case in Pittsburgh a couple years ago when Miley Cyrus or some pop teen sensation like her was coming to town and the tickets sold out in minutes. Turned out it was ticket brokers who bought huge chunks up with the intent to re-sell at a higher price due to supply/demand. When our new YMCA opened, the swimming lesson registration closed before it was supposed to officially open. The online registrations were enabled earlier than the posted registration time. I think they fixed that problem for future registrations! I hope you get to go to the theater at some point anyway, even if you have to pay. Check out the entertainment book for your area, sometimes they have theaters with buy one get one free. ~Karin