Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Like Minded Individuals Fan the Flame

I have just visited the NaNoWriMo website and selected a home region. This allows you to retrieve information about up-coming NaNo get-togethers. There are several write-ins planned for a coffee shop in downtown Indy, but I'm not sure I'll be able to leave the boys long enough to attend those. Who knows.

How thrilling it was to discover other writers in nearby towns who will be participating in this bold challenge. I am especially interested to meet another participant named Linda, from the Avon area, who has worked as a 5th grade teacher for many years. She is also interested in writing middle grade fiction, so we seem to have a bit in common.

Perhaps, even if I don't manage to win, and write a full 50,000 words, I will at least meet some other like-minded individuals. I have been missing my DeKalb writer's group something fierce, but when the two littles were still small, it seemed impossible to even manage to attend the writer's group which meets at a nearby library once a month.

Oh, I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. The boys are getting bigger. I can leave them with my ES on occasion. They have to ONE DAY head off to school. My life, as I knew it, will return. And, I may even find a new group of cheerleaders to keep me running on this writing marathon.

-----

Funny tid-bit: As I was typing away on the computer this evening, MS came out of his room with his eyes barely open. He passed me and went for ES's door. As he began opening it, I had to remind him that the bathroom wasn't until the next door down. I can just imagine ES's surprise if I had already gone to bed (as if that happens very often) and MS had walked into ES's room and piddled right on his floor. Hee-hee. Perhaps, I can use this as ammunition for my hubby on why I must stay up late at night typing on the computer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I want to add you as a writing buddy but I can't find you over there.

I'm listed as Cardiogirl, naturally. Find me!