Friday, January 30, 2009

Favorite Reads of 2008

I've been meaning to update my sidebar of Books Read in 2008. Obviously, you can still search the history of my blog, under book reviews, and find all of them. Before I cleared the list, though, I wanted to select my favorites.

Top 5 grown-up books (I always hate writing "adult books" - sounds like "adult movies"):

A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini
Three Weeks with My Brother, by Nicholas Sparks
The Shack, by William P. Young
Musicophilia, by Oliver Sacks
Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom

Top 5 Children's or Young Adult books:

Gossamer, by Lois Lowery
Belle Prater's Boy, by Ruth White
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney
Regarding the Bees, by Kate Klise
Fablehaven, by Brandon Mull

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I mentioned the Wimpy Kid book to my 13 year old a while back and he actually got it at the library. He said he really enjoyed it.

Wendy Hill said...

Kaci - There are now two more Wimpy Kid books in the series. Hope your son enjoys those as well.