Monday, March 23, 2009

Word Flubbing

I must admit, I am usually the one flubbing words in this family. Everyone looks at me and just laughs at some of the strange things that manage to pop out of my mouth. Of course, at the moment, my mind is running blank for an example of MY ineptitude with words. I like to claim that my brain merely runs too fast for my mouth to keep up. Hubby and ES like to claim that I have early Alzheimer's!

This afternoon, at lunch, hubby provided me with a fun laugh. He was reviewing an advertisement for a new family fun establishment called "Snapperz." They offer the usual things: bowling, laser tag, and a bungee trampoline. Suddenly, he said, "Oh, ES would like this! They have a 24 inch climbing tower."

I couldn't resist. I immediately said, "Boy, that'll be pretty challenging for him at twenty four inches!"

That is the kind of thing I usually come out with, not hubby. Thankfully, he was able to laugh at himself as well.

Then, this afternoon, MS asked if he could go outside to play. I didn't really feel like going out, since YS was napping and it is only 50 degrees out. As he was pleading, he argued "I'm an outside boy. In fact, I'm a PLAYBOY!"

This time, I kept my chuckles to myself. Perhaps I should suggest that the "playboy" attempt the "24 inch climbing tower" at Snapperz!

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL so funny! I'm always saying crazy stuff too that makes Frank look at me like I've lost my mind! haha

Wendy Hill said...

Oh, I've come up with some classic ones. We have laughed and laughed at my flubs!

Unknown said...

How very Amelia Bedelia of your son! (I just picked that up at the library; I'd never heard of AB but found her very delightful indeed.)