Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favorite Things Thursday - Can Scraper

It feels like I am scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. It is not really a favorite, but more of an oddity or curiosity. This is an item which my husband brought into the marriage. I believe he told me he received it, free, in a package of stuff he had ordered by mail. It is a can scraper.


For the life of me, I've never seen another one. I've looked in specialty cooking stores. Not. a. one. I'm pretty sure I know the reason for its rarity. You can fulfill the same purpose with a spoon. Of course, it is not quite as thorough as this can scraper, but, if I ever lost this utensil, I doubt I would be traumatized. Still, we do use it quite regularly.

It was funny, as I was transferring the photo, I was messing around with editing options. I loved how the black and white image actually made the plastic semi-circle part look brand new. After years of using this utensil to pull out the dredges of tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce, the tip has taken on an orange hue.

The only kind of identification I could find, were the words "Hong Kong." How helpful is that?! Hubby doesn't remember what company sent this little gem, but perhaps somebody from Hong Kong will remember manufacturing it - ha. Tell me, have you ever seen this utensil before in your life?

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I have never seen that. I laughed when you dramatically declared its function equal to the spoon. But, a spoon doesn't get the corners very well...so you may just have something special there.