Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This Will Uplift You and You Will Uplift This

My high hopes of writing a post today about my weekend away are dwindling. The short re-cap would be: lovely drive, wonderful music, dinner with my brother and sister-in-law, an interesting movie, refreshing worship, many small visits with friends, a wonderful reunion with authentic connection and medicinal laughter, a sleep-over, a thought-provoking book, and a delicious lunch treat with a friend. To each of those descriptive phrases, add the words "sans sons," and you will understand the magnitude of my uplifting weekend.

However, I wasn't really referring to my uplifting weekend in the title to this post. I was actually referring to an infant whose life story is touching millions (quite literally). Stellan was diagnosed with a deadly heart condition while in the womb. His mother, Jennifer, began to share the story of his life and her blog really took off.

I am always blown away by individuals who walk through a valley and manage to keep their eyes fixed on Jesus. Would that my own faith were so strong! Just by following this link to Jennifer's blog, you can view a brief video about baby Stellan and watch a newscast about his story. I promise it will be an uplifting experience and well worth the 5 or 10 minutes. (If you have extra time, check out the "Stellan Name Gallery.")

Moreover, when you follow the link, you will add to the millions of hits Jennifer is receiving on her blog. If my understanding is correct, because Jennifer has signed on with BlogHer, she will receive some income for the number of hits her blog receives. Given the life and death nature of Stellan's struggle at the moment, I'm sure those extra funds will be greatly appreciated. So, go ahead. Be inspired and uplifted and, simultaneously, uplift Stellan and his family!

No comments: