Monday, November 2, 2009

A Thousand Words

During the month of November, while I am slaving away on my novel, I am hoping that a few pictures will be able to stand in my stead. So for today, I give you a few photos of my trick-or-treating urchins on All Hallow's Eve:




Because we have such large costume boxes, we didn't know until they walked out the door what they would be wearing. I wasn't thrilled that they chose sinister costumes, but I couldn't talk them into donning super hero garb this time. They had fun, and that makes me happy.

My pastor's wife, Leti, told of how she wrapped up in a blanket and sat on her porch with a pig mask on to pass out treats. Some people commented that she was a "pig in a blanket." Others believed she was posing as the "swine flu." Ha!

I started my Nanowrimo challenge (a 50K word novel) at midnight on November 1st. I have been trying to figure out how to add the widget their website provides for showing your current word count, but haven't the time or patience to master it. At this point, I am up to over 3,000 words. Only 47,000 to go, to be declared a winner. I don't think they'll accept 50 pictures.

No comments: