Thursday, March 18, 2021

Book Review: Pianos and Flowers


Alexander McCall Smith is perhaps best known for his Number One Ladies' Detective Agency books. I greedily consumed the first half of this series when my library carried the earlier books in audio form. Having fallen in love with Lisette Lecat's excellent narration, I cannot imagine going back to the physical reading of the books. Thankfully, it appears my library now has a few more of that series in the audio format.

In this new acquisition to my library, Pianos and Flowers, Smith provides brief stories prompted by old photos. Since the photos help set up the stories, this book is best consumed in hard copy form. Most of the stories were passing fair. My favorite was a tale of twin sisters who fall in love. I discovered this cute little trailer for the book, produced by an Indiana public library not far from me:




No comments: