Monday, February 27, 2023

Compilation - A Baker's Dozen Parenting Books


My in-home parenting days are numbered. My youngest is knee-deep in driver's training and has only 2-1/4 more years of high school. But, I have reviewed quite a few parenting books on my blog. Primarily, I seem to gravitate toward two subjects: brain development and discipline. Here are 13 books on parenting, in order from first read to last read. I have also added an asterisk to identify ones that I highly recommend:

  1. Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
  2. How to Raise a Child With High EQ by Lawrence Shapiro PhD
  3. The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel MD and Tina Payne Bryson PhD *
  4. Honeycomb Kids by Anna M. Campbell
  5. Why Smart Kids Worry by Allison Edwards LPC
  6. No-Drama Discipline by Daniel Siegel MD and Tina Payne Bryson PhD *
  7. The Teenage Brain by Frances E Jensen MD with Amy Ellis Nutt
  8. The Opposite of Spoiled by Ron Lieber
  9. The Five Money Conversations by Scott and Bethany Palmer
  10. Thirty Million Words by Dana Suskind MD *
  11. The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children by Stormie Omartian
  12. The Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp *
  13. The Addiction Inoculation by Jessica Lahey
While I'm sure this list is miniscule compared to how many books cover this subject, I may have read one you never encountered. Moreover, if you are looking for parenting books, this provides a wide variety of options and several that I can highly recommend.

No comments: