Thursday, May 25, 2023

2023 Spring News

Time just keeps marching on and we are swept into stages we can't even fathom. I'm now 2 years away from 60 and my husband turns 60 in June. How is that possible? Of course, we had our kids later in life, so I think we've been able to fool ourselves into thinking we're still young (even when our bodies are shouting that we're not). But, we're fast approaching an empty nest and now, our oldest is engaged.


Bryce and Elizabeth picked out the ring ahead of time, so I don't really think it was a surprise. 


At the last minute, I received a call saying, "Mom, pray... it is supposed to rain right when I've planned the proposal and the photographer to capture it. I've checked and there are no alternative indoor options." So, we prayed. He was grateful the skies didn't open and pour. It may have been a bit overcast, but everything went off without a hitch. 





Here's another photo and one from an April visit to Indy for a friend's wedding (love Elizabeth's dress - the color just pops):



Trevor decided to attend his final prom, even though he graduated early in December (walks soon with his class to receive his diploma). Last year, they didn't do photos at our place and I don't think I even captured the moment. I'm blown away by the difference between his 2021 prom photo and his 2023 photo. He has slimmed down tremendously. He is exceedingly careful about what he eats now and when he works out, his sessions generally last over 2 hours. Crazy that! This year's photos:




2021 prom photos:




1 comment:

Gretchen said...



Love the photos! And yes, the years fly by so fast. SO FAST!