Thursday, December 21, 2023

Book Review: The Old Lace Shop

The Old Lace Shop is the third book in Michelle Griep's Once Upon a Dickens Christmas series. I could not find it apart from the 3 book set, available on Hoopla in audio form. It is worth finding. I simply brought up the chapter selections and advanced to The Old Lace Shop. I liked this one as well as the second one.

The novel blurb on the Amazon website presents the premise like this, Recently widowed Bella White is finally freed from the domination of the overbearing men in her life, but when she enters into a business partnership with the handsome Edmund Archer, she begins to wonder if marriage is worth a second chance.

I enjoyed the setting, plot, and characters in this installment. Once again, the second chance coin makes an appearance and drives the story line. Realistic problems and a quick appearance from Dickens made this another gem. While the faith aspect is slightly pushed, I appreciated the message immensely. I needed to hear the wisdom of "Either your faith will move mountains or your doubt will create them." May my faith move mountains instead of making them in the coming year. 

1 comment:

Gretchen said...


What a great principle: "Either your faith will move mountains or your doubt will create them." Lord, help me to live this.