Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I've Joined the Sallyblogger Blogroll

The other day, I discovered this blogroll and thought to myself, "Man, I'd like to be on that blogroll." My blog isn't really focused on the fact that I grew up in The Salvation Army, so I wasn't sure if my blog would qualify or not. Thankfully, they have graciously allowed my blog to be added to their roll. I do write about my times in The Salvation Army from time to time.

At the moment, I am wondering "Where. in. the. world. is. my. CBLI. application?" If you stick with this blog long enough, you will learn all about CBLI (Central Bible and Leadership Institute). I had a blast attending this camp back when I was a teenager. CBLI and CMI (Central Music Institute) were always the highlights of my year back then. Of course, back then, I only slightly noticed that there was a family track to the CBLI encampment.

When my ES was 3, and my husband and I were separated, my brother and sister-in-law were on the staff for the children's track at CBLI. My SIL was convinced that this would be a beneficial experience for us. This camp is so popular among Salvationists in the Central Territory that you have to send your application in as soon as you receive it (usually in January) to ensure the lodging you want to request. One year, we almost didn't make it. The camp had filled and we were next on the waiting list as of the day it was to start. Friday and Saturday, we moped. Sunday morning I headed out for a long walk and returned home to find my husband anxious to tell me that there was a no-show and we were welcome to come to the camp after all.

This year will be our tenth year in attendance, if we get to go. Many others have even longer tenure than us. My husband has requested off work, but we don't know if he will be able to join us. The camp is ten days long and usually begins the last Friday in July (last year it began on Sat. for the first time - when I was a teen, it started on Thu. and went to the following Sun.). There are many things I love about The Salvation Army and CAMP is definitely one of them!

No comments: