Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our Appearances are a-Changing!

I had briefly considered posting a photo of my haircut and highlights (yes, I did finally manage to keep the appointment and receive two hours of quiet and pampering). However, a few hours prior to my appointment, I was hit square on the nose with a heavy block courtesy of my YS's outstanding future pitching arm. This is, indeed, how I tried to put a positive spin on the event. In the heat of the moment, I screamed, "WE DO NOT THROW! (did I need to qualify that ... in the house, hard things at Mommy???)" I burst into tears and put him in his crib. I've told you before that I'm a wimp, so it will come as no surprise that I carried on about it for a good ten minutes. Thankfully, my MS came into my room and said, "Next time, Mommy, here is what you should do if someone throws something at you" and then he made a little jump aside! Thanks for the advice, oh wise little one.

My ES will be looking quite different next time I see him as well. Tomorrow morning, my husband is taking him in for an orthodontic appointment to have braces attached to his teeth. He has spent this weekend chewing his gum supply (oh how that boy loves the gum with the flavor burst liquid in the middle - he'll have to ask if he can chew sugarfree), raw carrots and popcorn.

My MS looks the same, but was also thinking about appearances this evening. He non-chalantly walked up to my husband at the table tonight and said, "Do you care to see my butt?" This guy keeps us all in stitches. I suppose at some point I probably said to him, "Nobody cares to see your butt!"

3 comments:

Guilty Secret said...

Oh my that is too cute how MS wanted to teach you to jump out of the way!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your 2 hours of respite with some pampering time at the hairdressers. ~Karin

Kyle White said...

check out goodreads.com