Thursday, March 13, 2008

Road Trip Anyone?

O.K., tonight I want to send you on a road trip. First off, you need to head over to Bia's spot at http://www.ladolcevitathesweetlifewiththreesons.blogspot.com/to see the sacred spaces in her home. Her home sounds like a sanctuary and safe haven. I asked if I could come visit - that's how inviting it sounded. I want to be more like Bia - no two ways around it. I want to create an atmosphere of ... well ... sanctuary, in my home. I'm nowhere near there. Chaos reigns supreme around here (intended to tackle some of the chaos today while MS was at PDO, but, alas, YS decided to bring up his supper in the middle of the night - first night sharing a room with MS - go figure - so instead, I napped with YS instead of creating a sanctuary). You gotta check out Bia's ideas (she also has wonderful things to share about their Friday night family nights).

Then, you just have to go to http://www.arewethereyet-davisfarmmom.blogspot.com/ . A few days back, she posted some incredible you tube footage of a ventriloquist named Terry Fator. I had to watch several of them. The guy is amazing!

Plus, I recently stumbled upon another blog I have to visit frequently now. I'm just nosy, I guess. This blogger at http://www.peoplereading.blogspot.com/ devotes her whole blog to what random people around her are reading. She doesn't just snap a photo of them reading their book, she also interviews them to provide a little background information (no names, though - every participant is anonymous and a willing participant). I love seeing what other people are reading. The person who told me about this site had a great comment about how reading is a very individual thing and yet very communal in nature, at the same time. Too true!

And, be sure to check out my niece's web site in a few days because this Saturday my youngest brother and my nephew will both be shaving their heads to raise money for cancer through the St. Baldrick's organization. I'm sure they'll have photos or maybe even footage at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ameliagorton some time after Saturday. Plus, if you go to their site, be sure to link over to the Colgate contest to vote for Amelia's hospital at http://www.colgate.com/starlight . Grab a beverage and enjoy the ride. I did!

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Thanks, Wendy, for mentioning my post. Truth be told, however, is that chaos rears its ugle head over here all too often!! But I just dust myself off and try again.

I had to show my 13 year old that someone actually asked ME a computer question. He thought it was funny because he had to teach me how to do those links! But here's what to do:
1. highlight what you want to link
2. clink on the link button on your blogger task bar
3. type (or cut and paste) the address you want to link
4. click okay

Hopefully that will help.

Now I'm off to try some of those "road trips" you suggested!

God bless.