Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sometimes When it Rains, it Pours!

I am grateful to report that the baby had an uneventful night. He slept well and I slept well (with no computer around, I actually made it to sleep at 11 after reading for two hours). It is amazing how one shot could turn around his serious illness. Now, if they could just come up with a shot for other serious issues in life. Makes me think of a fabulous song called "Magic Wand" by Chris Rice, about wanting a magic wand to wave and make everything all right. (In checking the title, I just discovered Chris has a blog ... there is something I'll have to peruse, but not tonight, or I might add to the illness rain).

By this morning, I was anxious for the dr. to arrive and discharge us. Perhaps it is a good thing he was delayed a bit. I called home to express my frustrations and my husband informed me that my MS also had a great night's sleep, but was complaining of leg pain. He refused to walk all day. My husband suspected he might be garnering attention because Mom has been gone two mornings in a row.

However, when the dr. came to check my YS, I mentioned my MS's recent trips to the ER, the ear infection, the antibiotics course, the "rash of unkown origin" and now the supposed leg pain. He said the pain is probably legitimate and sometimes children experience a temporary arthritic pain after a virus. To test it, he suggested I see if MS ran to me when I returned home.

He remained seated on the bean bag, watching tv all day. He finally let me put a diaper on him, since he couldn't stand up to go to the toilet. He is complaining of nasal congestion, so I would agree that this is probably viral. I am hoping the dr. is right and he will be fine in a day or two. Will he miss another Parent's Day Out? Will we succomb to the deadly flu going around? Will I ever get that haircut and highlights? Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with the sickies! They all sound properly pathetic.

Guilty Secret said...

Oh dear, I just left that comment 'it never rains but it pours' over at Cardiogirl's place today, then I see it applies here... and you used it! Poor things...