Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'll Be Wearin' Green Tomorrow

I have fallen in love with two of the sweetest little boys, Coleman and Caden Larson. I don't know them personally, yet every week I get updates on what is happening in their lives. The photos, the videos, the way the mom shares their words exactly as they sound when they come out - it is all too touching. And, their faith in the midst of their trial stirs my own faith inside.

I really can't explain the joy I receive in reading about their lives. Perhaps it is because I have boys of my own (including a 3-1/2 year old who is often just as fiesty and verbal as these twins) and they are blond like my guys. Perhaps it is because I have walked alongside a family member whose daughter fought the cancer fight. Perhaps God merely led me to their site and engaged my heart so that I could join in their journey and grow as they grow (which sometimes includes hurting as they hurt or laughing as they laugh or thanking the Lord for blessings I might otherwise take for granted).

Tomorrow, they will take their sweet Coleman in for an MRI/spinal tap to determine if a bone marrow transplant has been successful in treating his medulloblastoma. Coleman's favorite color is green (John Deere inspired, I think) and so tomorrow I'll be wearing green and thinking and praying for the Larson family. If you wish to learn more about these boys (I warn you: you will want to hear about them all the time, too! You will laugh at their videos. You will be inspired by their tales of others who have "paid it forward" inspired by Coleman's story) you can find Coleman's care page at www.carepages.com. You do have to create an account, but it is free and I promise you will want to hear more about these little boys every week. Once you sign in, you would search under the name "ColemanScott." Be sure to read their story about noticing the "buds" on the trees. I will be laughing the rest of the week over that one (too typical for boys), or "cracking my head off" as they would say!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I have said a prayer for Coleman and will continue to do so :)

Wendy Hill said...

Thanks Sandra - at this point they are still waiting on the full results, but do know that the previous spot is still there and is predominantly darker - not a good sign.