Friday, April 25, 2008

My Words are Pig's Feed

So often I come on intending to write about something and then I get sucked into the computer and find a post on another blog that strikes a chord in my heart. I find myself wanting to say to everyone, "Oh, but you've got to read this, too, because their words are so much better than what I planned to write." Tonight, I can only encourage you to read their words, their gourmet cuisine. I was going to write about my feet (no lie! with illustrations, even!). Lucky you, others have much more poignant, profound things to share.

First off, I must say that although God has led Boothe Farley through some very difficult trials, He has also given her a tremendous gift in her ability to share her words and insights with others. Her Sunday, April 20th post was so profound that I want to print it out and keep it in my Bible. Like Boothe, I crave redemption and redemption's story. Perhaps because I don't trust that everyone will link to her post, let me share the two sections which stirred me the most.

She wrote, "But what if better doesn't come? ... When's the future going to make it feel worthwhile? What's the sense in all of it? Where's the redemption?"

And further on, "But our story - God's story - is linear. It is a fine line going directly, pointedly, toward one end. And that end is His glory."

Her words were truly beautiful (I hope you will follow the link). Although I haven't walked the same road as Boothe, her words resonated within my soul. I've been in a similar wilderness where struggle after struggle seem to be heaped on top of one another and I have wondered if I would die in the wilderness before reaching the redemption, the Promised Land.

I planned to thank Boothe for her words, but when I clicked on the comments, I ran across one from a Cardiogirl reader - Just a Mom. (I hear her chatting often in CG's VIP lounge, and visit her blog sporadically). Of course, her site sent me to another inspiring story (which I have also visited sporadically) - the blog of Confessions of a CF Husband. This blog linked to his father's blog, where I read the most accurate and encouraging article I've read about us PKs (pastor's kids).

All I can say is: Thank goodness for God's incredible grace! And thank Him also for the pig's feed and the gourmet cuisine. May we all be fed well and sleep well.

No comments: