Tuesday, April 29, 2008

That Child Watches Too Much Barney!

Today, my MS came in while I was cleaning the boys' bathroom. He loves to clean the sink. Often he will come out from bed, saying he has to use the bathroom and ten minutes later I find him in there cleaning the sink, with a sponge and way too many bubbles. It is a hard call to make - does one really want to discourage a son from cleaning the boys' bathroom? (I live for the day I can pass this job on to him!)

He proceeded to watch me clean the sink and I mentioned that I was a bit worried about the drain because it is sluggish these days. I asked if he had placed anything in the sink. He said, "No." I then reminded him about the time, shortly after we moved here, when he put a rubber Halloween finger down the drain. It is still down there.

He looked at me and said, "Mom, you should just use your imagination and become a ghost. If you were a ghost, you could slip down the drain and get that Halloween finger back out and give it to me. Then, all you have to do is change back into Mom again."

3 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Do not, I repeat, do not discourage your son from cleaning the bathroom!!!!! Boys' bathrooms frighten me, so keep let them clean!! (*smile, wink*)

Unknown said...

Some lucky woman will love her mother-in-law an awful lot many years ahead. Do not discourage. Just last week I had to ask my Hubster if it was in our marriage contract somewhere that he never had to clean the bathroom again!

Wendy Hill said...

Bia and Sarah - Yes, I'll continue to encourage the cleaning campaign, but I have doubts it will last. You should see this one's bedroom. He is the one who is constantly pulling out clothes and leaving them strewn around the floor. I am fully expecting the love of bubbles to be short-lived!