Monday, October 11, 2021

Book Review: Ghost Knight

Despite hearing of Cornelia Funke, author of the Inkwell trilogy, I had read none of her books. I've been seeking lighter fare and seem only capable of audio books, for now. I wanted to like Ghost Knight more. Perhaps the timing was off. It was quite difficult to focus, so I'm sure I wasn't in best reading mode.

When 11-year-old Jon Whitcroft's mother sends him off to boarding school, he expects to hate the entire experience. Thanks to a host of murderous ghosts and the friendship of a beautiful girl, Jon ends up enjoying his time at school. Jon and Ella go on a quest to find the heart of a murdered knight. The narrator's voice made for easy-listening and the story contained enough difficulties to hold my attention (as I said, perhaps I am just distracted these days). I would consider more from this author, but may not seek it out soon.

No comments: