Thursday, October 28, 2021

October Things That Made Me Happy

My dad used to lead the Kid's Club at our church in singing a little chorus called "Today I Will Be Happy." I can still hear him ringing out, "Today I will be happy, today I will be glad, today I'll make it the best day, that I have ever had." These days I need a fortifying song. I need a reminder to look for the things that bring joy.

We don't get out much. Indeed, our idea of a date these days is a trip to Sam's Club together and it is always colored by John's desire to browse and my conflicting desire to get in and out as quickly as possible. On one such occasion in October, John suggested we stop off at a local furniture resale shop that is soon going out of business (sob, I loved browsing that store). He spotted this lamp before I did and insisted on buying it for me for my book room


Yes, it brings me joy. Sometimes I sit in that room just to soak in the positive book vibes - ha! 

While we don't get out much, I was thrilled that my oldest son was able to take another trip, this time to Hawaii. He had a wonderful time and the photos he sent were so vivid I felt like I travelled with him:









So, even when life is restricted and uncertain, God gives blessings that make me smile.


No comments: