Monday, March 6, 2023

Book Review: Never Forget You

Although I had never read a book on my phone before, I was hoping to find one to purchase in Kindle form and carry on my phone for my FL/TX trip. I settled on Fiona Lucas' Never Forget You, and it was a wonderful decision. This novel gripped me by the heart. The hours of flight time slipped past without notice. I loved the premise, the characters, and the enchanting love story (even though I'm not generally a romance reader).

When a stranger, Ben, comes to Lili's aid after she is stung by a bee, it seems only reasonable to offer to take him to hidden spots in London to help him shoot photos for his book project. The two strike up an immediate bond and agree, after Ben's one-year travel stint, to meet up in the same location where they first met. Fate intervenes, and the scheduled meet-up never materializes. Five years later, Ben is surprised when a woman appears in his tiny village, wearing the same bee necklace he had given Lili, but confused about who she is and how she arrived there.

Told in a variety of timelines (the day of introduction, leading up to someone's wedding, and the present), the reader unravels the truth about this amnesiac. As the story plays out, we are swept into both joy and pain, love and regret. This book is engrossing and entertaining. I love the bright cover. I would happily try another book by this author.