Monday, January 3, 2011

Favorite Reads of 2010

My mother mentioned wanting to write down all of the books I have read for the year. Instead, I am including the complete list here, followed by my indications of which ones were my favorites (FAV). I did remember one, read on Christmas Eve, that I forgot to write a review for. That review will have to come later, but it was a very good book.

Books read in 2010:

Finding Noel by Richard Paul Evans (FAV)
Angling Life by Capt. Dan Keating
The Memory Book by Penelope J Stokes
The Perfect Love Song by Patti Callahan Henry
Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott
The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge
Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts
The Everafter by Amy Huntley
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
The Pleasing Hour by Lily King
Compelled to Write to You by Christopher de Vinck & Elizabeth M. Mosbo VerHage (FAV)
Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher
To Cut a Long Story Short by Jeffrey Archer
Walking on Water by Madeleine L'Engle
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
Stop the Thyroid Madness by Janie A Bowthorpe
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley (FAV)
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD
Cat O' Nine Tales by Jeffrey Archer
The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness (FAV)
In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (FAV)
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
Better Than My Dreams by Paula Rinehart (FAV)
Over My Dead Body by Kate Klise
Death of a Garage Sale Newbie by Sharon Dunn
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (FAV)
Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney (FAV)
The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (FAV)
Mercy on These Teenage Chimps by Gary Soto
The Case of Madeleine Smith by Rick Geary
Ruby's Imagine by Kim Antieau
Dear Author: Letters of Hope, ed. by Joan F. Kaywell
Sands of Time by Susan May Warren
Marley and Me by John Grogan
You Were Always Mom's Favorite! by Deborah Tannen
The Purpose of Boys by Michael Gurian

2 comments:

Kendra said...

That is amazing. I can't wait to read some of those.

As a fellow boy-mom (our boys are just a bit younger than yours), I would love to know your favorite parenting boys books. Is there anything that really stands out for you? I feel like I have no idea what these 3 crazy creatures are thinking 98% of the time!
Thanks! Kendra

Wendy Hill said...

Kendra - I always welcome a boy-mom reader because boys are a whole breed apart, aren't they? I will have to think about what books I would suggest. Thanks for visiting.