Wednesday, August 6, 2014

More Photos of CBLI 14

I had forgotten to check the Facebook page for Jr. CBLI and discovered a few photos of my boys enjoying their classes in the Jr. CBLI track at camp.

They both told me about the sword drills. I'm hoping they did a good job finding things in the Bible.



I was surprised that they enjoyed class as much as they did since this year's theme was school ... something neither of the boys are very excited about. It looks like they had a good time.


The night of the scheduled water carnival was too cold to hold it in the pool, so they took it down to the lake. Thus, Sean insisted on attending the meetings with me and only Trevor went down for the lakeside fun.



I was hoping for better pictures of their time at Jump America, but this was the best I found:


They also enjoyed the giant bubbles:


You can tell from the photos that classes were quite full. I heard that one division had a donor who provided enough money to send 40 teenagers to camp, in a chartered bus, no less. Total camp attendance, for all the tracks (Adult, Young Adult, Teen, Jr. High, Jr. CBLI, and CBLI Kids), was 605 this year. I think that's the largest yet. Even still, there were apparently 16 families on the waiting list to attend. I'm so glad we got our registration in early enough to be included for this wonderful opportunity. We LOVE CBLI!



As I write this, I am enjoying my first morning of quiet with the boys at school for their first day of the 2014-2015 school year. We were happy that they were both well enough to attend (Sean was still running a fever Monday night, so he was quite worried he might miss the first day). If they ever move school up even earlier (this seems very early this year), they will just have to miss those first days if it conflicts with the CBLI schedule. We're not going to miss our favorite camp!

No comments: