Monday, January 1, 2024

Top Dozen Reads of 2023

As I said in my 2023 reading analysis post, 2023 didn't seem to be a stellar year, but then, I did have a half dozen reads I highly recommended. Perhaps if I only read bestsellers, my recommendation list would be longer, but I like to read a variety. I list the following BEST books read in 2023 in chronological, rather than preferential, order (although, if pressed, my favorite of 2023 would be The Happy Life of Isadora Bentley):


Paths of Glory (historical fiction)

by Jeffrey Archer


Maureen (fiction)

by Rachel Joyce


Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy (Christian non-fiction)

by Mark Vroegop


On Getting Out of Bed (Christian non-fiction)

by Alan Noble


A Place to Land (fiction)

by Lauren K. Denton


The Happy Life of Isadora Bentley (fiction)

by Courtney Walsh


HONORABLE MENTIONS:


The Wager (historical nonfiction)

by David Grann


Beyond That, the Sea (historical fiction)

by Laura Spence-Ash


The Words We Lost (Christian fiction)

by Nicole Deese


The Body Keeps the Score (nonfiction)

by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (young adult fiction)

by Jennifer E. Smith


Tactics (Christian nonfiction)

by Gregory Koukl

No comments: